Last Updated: February 6, 2021
RETURN/REFUND POLICY - ENGINES, TRANSMISSIONS
ALL RETURNS MUST BE PREAUTHORIZED AND BE ACCOMPANIED BY THE ORIGINAL INVOICE. CALL OUR OFFICE FOR AUTHORIZATION. RETURNS MUST BE RETURNED IN THE SAME CONDITION AS SOLD, WITH ALL ACCESSORIES ATTACHED.
RETURNS ARE SUBJECT TO A 15% RESTOCKING FEE. ANY ENGINE OR TRANSMISSION THAT HAS BEEN DAMAGED OR ALTERED WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR RETURN, REFUND, OR EXCHANGE.
RETURNED PARTS MUST BE RETURNED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF PURCHASE. BUYER PAYS FOR RETURN SHIPPING.
FOR AN ENGINE OR TRANSMISSION THAT FOREIGN ENGINES, INC. HAS DETERMINED TO BE DEFECTIVE:
IT IS FOREIGN ENGINES, INC.'S OPTION TO 1) REPLACE, OR 2) REFUND, OR 3) REPAIR BY FOREIGN ENGINES, INC. OR A FACILITY OF THEIR CHOICE.
IN ORDER FOR AN ITEM TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR A WARRANTY RETURN, REFUND, OR EXCHANGE ALL OF THE WARRANTY PROCEDURES AND CONDITIONS MUST BE FOLLOWED.
LIMITED ENGINE WARRANTY
WARRANTY TERM: This warranty shall exist for ONE YEAR from the date of purchase. In the unlikely event that the engine is repaired or replaced under warranty, the length of the warranty continues from the original date of sale. HIGH PERFORMANCE CONVERSIONS: warranty is 30 days from date of purchase. High performance engines will require extra effort and research to install. There is no technical support available; it is up to the customer to research installation requirements. HEADGASKET warranty is 30 days. HEADGASKET warranty can be extended to ONE YEAR only if conditions & requirements of warranty sheet are followed. Receipts are required for extension of the headgasket warranty. COOLING SYSTEM: Radiator and the cooling system must be maintained in proper operating condition. We reimburse $150.00 for the repair of the headgasket(s). HEADGASKET(S) ARE NOT COVERED IF IT IS OVERHEATED!! It is the driver’s responsibility to monitor gauges and be aware of symptoms of a bad headgasket such as coolant consumption, excessive steam from the tailpipe or poor vehicle performance.
ENGINES: Warranty applies only to engine longblock. Warranty covers internal parts of block and head against cracks, low compression(Engine must be installed to get accurate compression), low oil pressure, excessive oil consumption (More than 1qt in 950 miles), bearing noise, and timing chain noise. It is highly recommended to reseal Subaru EA82 cam towers (replace o-ring with Subaru 13089AA010) along with a NEW oil pump. These items are common EA82 maintenance items to eliminate hydraulic lifter noise.
ACCESSORIES: If accessories are attached to engine, they are not guaranteed to be the same or to fit a particular application and are not covered by this warranty. Use of ALL your external components is recommended. (Distributor, Carb, Water pump (NEW water pump is recommended), Manifolds, Oil pan & pickup tube/screen, Emissions parts, valve cover/s, flywheel, alternator, a/c & p/s pump, timing covers, all brackets & sensors, etc). HIGH PERFORMANCE CONVERSIONS: There is no warranty of any kind on ANY accessories, wiring or computers. Accessories may or may not be in usable condition. These engine packages are as we receive them from Japan. It is normal for switches, sensors, distributors, etc. to be damaged in the cleaning/shipping process. Any functional accessories are considered as a bonus for the customer. HIGH PERFORMANCE CONVERSIONS are sold for off-highway use. It is the customer’s responsibility to comply with emission regulations and laws.
CONDITIONS AND REQUIREMENTS FOR WARRANTY COVERAGE: PLEASE READ & FOLLOW ALL CONDITIONS OF WARRANTY.
 EMISSION CONTROLS:Your Emission control system must be operational.  PCV SYSTEM:Clean valve cover breather & filter in air cleaner. Replace PCV valve
 COOLING SYSTEM
(1) Flow test radiator, record results or replace or rod out radiator. (2) Check coolant hoses, Cooling fan, radiator cap, water pump, water pump drive belt, fan thermoswitch (RECOMMENDED) Replace any or all of above parts if defective or badly worn!! (3) Replace thermostat (4) Make sure fan clutch is operating correctly. (5) Fix any leaks in cooling system. (6) Check fan belt tension
 LUBRICATION SYSTEM
(1) Replace oil & filter with new (2) Remove oil pan and clean p/u screen! (3) Always use new gaskets on clean surface (4) Change oil & filter at first 500 miles (5) Replace front, cam and rear main seals
(1) Timing belt must be replaced. Warranty does not cover damage caused by timing belt or timing belt tensioner failure! (2) Check coolant & oil level. (3) Remove sparkplugs, crank engine until oil light goes out. NO EXCEPTIONS!!
 AFTER STARTUP:
(1) Check that oil pressure light has gone out. (2) Check for leaks while warming up engine. (3) Set timing to factory specs. (4) Retorque head bolts after engine has cooled down overnight. (IF applicable – NON TTY) (5) Adjust valves, after warm-up and set to specs. (6) Check coolant and oil level daily for the first week.
ENGINE PROBLEMS: With any problem, it is our option whether to replace or repair the engine. Call Foreign Engines if any problem occurs.
WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER: ENGINE DAMAGE CAUSED BY OVERHEATING, LACK OF OIL, MISUSE, ABUSE, NEGLIGENCE, ACCIDENTS, OR OBSTRUCTED PCV SYSTEM.Towing, Car rental, Oil leaks (except cracks in longblock or leaking headgasket/s (excluding EA82 oil leaks by headgasket or cam towers), Any incidental, Special, Consequential or Exemplary damages CAUTION - THE FOLLOWING WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY: 1. OVERHEATING THE ENGINE, SHOWING EXCESSIVE HEAT, OR IF THE HEAT TAB IS MISSING. 2. Not following the above conditions and requirements. 3. Running the engine low or out of oil. 4. Using the engine for 4x4 use, racing or competition purposes. 5. Disassembly or alteration made to Block or Head without authorization. 6. If you are unable to provide signed and dated warranty sheet and invoice on any warranty claim. 7. On any warranty claim if engine is removed before notifying Foreign Engines Inc.
LIMITED WARRANTY: This warranty is given in lieu of all other warranties expressed or implied, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, on the part of Foreign Engines Inc. or installer. No agent or employee thereof, is authorized to modify this warranty.
RETURNS: 1. No returns after 45 days! 2. All returns must be accompanied by receipt. 3. All returns must be returned in the same condition as sold, All accessories attached. 4. It is the customer’s responsibility to check engine before removing external components (distributor, carb, manifolds, alternator, starter, timing belt, water pump, etc.). 5. For all returns we must know the reason for the return and the invoice number before we can process the return. We will not accept the return if this is not done. 6. A RESTOCKING FEE of 15% will be charged to all returns (NO EXCEPTIONS). 7. If your purchase was made by check you need to allow 8 DAYS from date of sale for refund. NOTE: The only exception to the above return policy is if the engine has been determined to be defective and ALL the following has been done. 1. Engine installed & started. 2. We authorized the engine removal. 3. It has been checked by an ASE certified mechanic. 4. We authorized the return(s)
LABOR WARRANTY: The labor warranty does not modify the warranty policy, but only makes a provision for a labor allowance in the event of a warranty issue. Foreign Engines reserves the right to not offer the labor warranty to any customer. The labor warranty is offered as a courtesy to the customer and is not intended to be complete coverage of incurred labor charges. The labor warranty is valid only if the conditions and requirements of warranty are followed and a signed copy is on file in our office. Labor warranty is not offered for transmissions. It is Foreign Engines option to repair or replace the engine. The labor warranty does not become effective until the engine is actually installed and started. The labor warranty is only offered at the time of sale. The LABOR WARRANTY is not available for high performance engines.
If ENGINE is OVERHEATED warranty will not be honored -- NO EXCEPTIONS!!! It is the customer’s responsibility to turn the engine off before it gets hot. The heat tab will melt at 255 degrees, indicating a massive overheat condition!!!
LIMITED TRANSMISSION WARRANTY
WARRANTY TERM: THIS WARRANTY SHALL EXIST FOR TWELVE (12) MONTHS FROM DATE OF PURCHASE
HIGH PERFORMANCE TRANSMISSION WARRANTY TERM IS 30 DAYS
PLEASE NOTE: THE TRANSMISSION NEEDS MAINTENANCE SERVICE PRIOR TO INSTALLATION. DRAIN THE FLUID! IF THE TRANSMISSION HAS A REMOVABLE OIL PAN, REMOVE THE PAN, AND CHANGE THE FILTER. FOR ALL AUTOMATICS THERE WILL BE SOME FINE METAL PARTICLES IN THE PAN – A SMALL AMOUNT IS NORMAL FOR A USED UNIT. SPECIAL NOTE: TOYOTA FWD AUTOMATICS HAVE A SEPARATE FILL FOR THE DIFFERENTIAL – IT MUST BE FILLED AFTER TRANSMISSION IS COMPLETELY INSTALLED. ANY DAMAGE CAUSED BY LACK OF LUBRICATION IS NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY!!!
THIS TRANSMISSION WARRANTY COVERS THE FOLLOWING:
TRANSMISSION INTERNAL PARTS AND ANY CRACKS IN THE TRANSMISSION CASE.
WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
1. ANY INSTALLATION LABOR IN THE EVENT THE UNIT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED – EVEN INITIALLY.
2. TOWING, CAR RENTAL, OIL LEAKS EXCEPT CRACKS IN TRANSMISSION CASE – FOREIGN ENGINES, INC.
RECOMMENDS AXLE/DRIVELINE SEALS AND FRONT PUMP SEAL BE REPLACED ALONG WITH A PAN GASKET AND
FILTER SERVICE PRIOR TO INSTALLATION.
3. ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES.
4. ANY DAMAGE DUE TO LACK OF LUBRICATION, MISUSE, ABUSE, NEGLIGENCE, OR ACCIDENTS.
5. ANY EXTERNAL SENSORS, SWITCHES, OR ELECTRICAL ITEMS.
CAUTION --- THE FOLLOWING WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY
1. USING THE TRANSMISSION FOR RACING OR COMPETITION PURPOSES
2. ANY DISASSEMBLY OR ALTERATION MADE TO TRANSMISSION WITHOUT PRIOR AUTHORIZATION
3. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE WARRANTY SHEET AND INVOICE ON ANY WARRANTY CLAIM
4. IF THE TRANSMISSION IS REMOVED BEFORE FOREIGN ENGINES INC. AUTHORIZES REMOVAL. CALL OUR WARRANTY DEPARTMENT IF THE TRANSMISSION FAILS TO FUNCTION. MANY PROBLEMS ARE ELECTRICAL AND CAN BE RESOLVED ONLY WITH THE TRANSMISSION IN THE CAR.
THIS WARRANTY IS GIVEN IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ON THE PART OF FOREIGN ENGINES INC. OR THE DEALER INSTALLING THE TRANSMISSION. NO DEALER, NOR ANY AGENT OR EMPLOYEE THEREOF, IS AUTHORIZED TO EXTEND OR ENLARGE THIS WARRANTY.
1. NO RETURNS AFTER 45 DAYS! ALL RETURNS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED WITH RECEIPT AND PREAUTHORIZED. CALL OUR OFFICE FOR AUTHORIZATION.
2. ALL RETURNS MUST BE RETURNED IN THE SAME CONDITION AS SOLD, ALL ACCESSORIES ATTACHED, ALL SENSORS INSTALLED, SAME TORQUE CONVERTOR, AND NEW GASKETS IF THEY HAVE BEEN REMOVED. IF INVENTORY TAG CAME WITH TRANSMISSION, IT SHOULD BE SENT BACK WITH TRANSMISSION.
3. A RESTOCKING FEE OF 15% WILL BE CHARGED TO ALL RETURNS (NO EXCEPTIONS)
4. IF YOU PURCHASED A TRANSMISSION BY CHECK YOU NEED TO ALLOW 8-10 DAYS FROM DATE OF SALE FOR REFUND.
5. REFUNDS WILL BE MADE IN THE SAME MANNOR AS THEY WERE ORIGINALLY PURCHASED. CREDIT CARD/DEBIT SALES WILL BE CREDITED BACK TO THE CARD. CASH/CHECK SALES WILL BE REFUNDED BY COMPANY CHECK
CAUTION PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT COMPANY POLICY:
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE COST OF LABOR BE REIMBURSED. THIS IS A COMPANY POLICY BECAUSE OF THE COMPLEX NATURE OF INSTALLATION, ELECTRONICS, AND/OR POST INSTALLATION DIAGNOSIS. THIS IS A USED TRANSMISSION AND IT IS POSSIBLE IT WILL BE DEFECTIVE UPON INITIAL INSTALLATION. PERFORM MAINTENANCE SERVICE PRIOR TO INSTALL. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS COMPANY POLICY!!!!!!